History records of motor vehicles for the public are available upon request. The division can provide copies of transfer documents to clarify issues of:

  • odometer discrepancies
  • transfer dates
  • owner information
  • salvage information
  • signature verifications
  • and/or to correct any errors that may appear on Kentucky titles.

Each request form must be properly completed and include the $3 fee. Requests are processed in approximately 5 to 10 business days.

How to request a record

This information can be obtained by submitting the required form from those listed below:
  • Request for Motor Vehicle and Boat Records (TC96-16A)
  • Request for Personal Information for Motor Vehicle Fuel Theft (TC96-16B)
  • Governmental Agencies' Request for Vehicle Records (TC96-16G)
  • Request by Towing & Storage Companies and by Creditors in Possession (TC96-16T)
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
P.O. Box 2014
Frankfort, KY 40622-2014 USA
ATTN: Records Management
There is a $3.00 fee (check or money order) required to be included when submitting the completed form. Please make payment made payable to Kentucky State Treasurer.

Or contact your County Clerk's Office. ​​​​​