History records of motor vehicles for the public are available upon request. The division can provide copies of transfer documents to clarify issues of:
- odometer discrepancies
- transfer dates
- owner information
- salvage information
- signature verifications
- and/or to correct any errors that may appear on Kentucky titles.
Each request form must be properly completed and include the $3 fee. Requests are processed in approximately 5 to 10 business days.
How to request a record
This information can be obtained by submitting the required form from those listed below:
- Request for Motor Vehicle and Boat Records (TC96-16A)
- Request for Personal Information for Motor Vehicle Fuel Theft (TC96-16B)
- Governmental Agencies' Request for Vehicle Records (TC96-16G)
- Request by Towing & Storage Companies and by Creditors in Possession (TC96-16T)
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing
P.O. Box 2014
ATTN: Records Management
There is a $3.00 fee (check or money order) required to be included when submitting the completed form. Please make payment made payable to Kentucky State Treasurer.
Or contact your County Clerk's Office.