All-Terrain Vehicles

​​​​​An all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is defined as a motorized off-highway vehicle designed to travel on four low-pressure or non-pneumatic tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control.​ In Kentucky, all ATVs are required to be titled. However, they are not registered.


​​​​ATVs must have a 17-character VIN to be titled in Kentucky. A motor number is not accepted.

For In-State Vehicles

To apply for a Title for an ATV, you will need the following:

​For Out-of-State Transfers

To apply for a Title for an out-of-state ATV, you will need the following:

  • ​​Photo ID

  • Completed TC 96-182 or signed-over title (if your state only issues a registration or a bill of sale, bring those in place of a signed-over title).

  • $15.00 application fee

 If your name on the title is different than your ID, you must provide an affidavit showing they are the same.​​


To apply for a duplicate Title for your ATV, you will need the following:
  • Photo ID

  • Completed TC 96-182, including the owner and vehicle identification sections.​

  • Title number OR license plate number

  • $10​.00 duplicate title fee

If you move out of state and need to apply for a duplicate title, you must contact the County Clerk's office​ where you previously resided. When providing your new out-of-state address, you must complete form TC 96-182.​